Thursday, September 11, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself...

I watch TV. I listen to music. I keep abreast on politics. And I have opinions!

So basically, I'm like every other blogger.

So the question is, why should you bother reading anything I have to say? The odds of you encountering anything here you can't read anywhere else are about as good as the odds of me sticking with this site more than 3 months. I've also recently found that being more than a year removed from school has vastly reduced my vocabulary, and that even that is undercut by questionable spelling and grammar. And what was once a idealistic, whimsical young man has been replaced by a cynical, angry old prick. Those all sound like reasons for hitting the back button on your browser and going back to surfing Digg for fact-checked Sarah Palin speeches or refreshing Pitchfork ad-nausea for news on the next My Morning Jacket album. But allow me to present my defense:

The blog title is fucking awesome.

Seriously. "Are you Comfortable and Angry, Pierre?" "Comfortable and Furious, Conan." I can hardly contain my bafflement at the startling realisation that this outdated "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" catchphrase remained available to be swept up by yours truly. I went through bunch of stupid ideas, some taken like "Too Much TV", "Outside Looking In" and yes, "Cherniak on Politics", as well as some that were just stupid like "The Four and a Halfth Estate" and "Sober Jays Fans". A friend recommended "The League of Extraordinary Rex Murphys", but I felt that bringing to mind the image of that horrifying spectre was simply irresponsible in these trying times. Hence, I did what any college age male would do. I stole from a late night talk show.

So there you have it, the genesis of "Comfortable and Furious". Well, that and I look at the mouth-breathers that do most of the world's blogging and can't help but feel that with a little dedication I could firmly plant myself in the middle of the pack. I have goals in mind, and that is certainly one of them. But most of all, I'm glad to be back to blogging, and look forward to being inundated with anonymous commenters that tell me I have "A great site!" and then proceeding to link me to some penis enlargement website. That's great for the self-esteem.

1 comment:

Husker Boy said...

YOU HAVE A GREAT SITE!

CLICK HERE FOR FREE PENIS ENLARGEMENT!

:fu1::@:fu2:~!