Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The New NDP Slogan - Where Have I Heard This Before?

So I just got an e-mail from the NDP. Having been rebuffed in their advances in a total "I'm not nearly drunk enough to go for that moustache" way by an oh so coy Conservative Party, the NDP seems primed for an election campaign. They don't trust Michael Ignatieff, and want you to help them bring about Change in Canada. But not just any change will do. What would they go with? Positive Change? Real Change? Loose Change?



Right. That sounds like some great change. And really that's the kind of change I want. If I'm looking to change things up, I don't want it to be something ridiculous. Don't tell me you're going to make renewable fuel out of John Baird's toxic fumes, invent a translator so dogs can talk or make Edwin Encarnacion into a serviceable third baseman; give me something actually possible.

But it's strange, I'm getting a feeling of deja vu. Maybe I'm just going crazy, but I think I've heard this one before. But I'm sure I'm just confusing it with something else. After all, what party would base their platform around trying to shamelessly cash in on someone else's electoral success?



I swear to God, if Jack Layton didn't have handlers he'd already be out on the trail in blackface.

No comments: