Thursday, September 3, 2009

Supplemental Reading

It's Thursday, I'm headed to work and completely unmotivated for value added content. So I figured, why not let others do my work for me? Here's a couple gems full of the kind of fury and bitterness that make me proud to be an asshole:

DeadThingsOnSticks breaks down the 25th anniversary of Much Music, and examines exactly why such a big cultural event has been played down thus far.

Dustin Parkes at Drunk Jays Fans has an interesting take on what the Jays should do in the offseason (hint, it doesn't involve wasting a ton of cash on Jason Bay).

DownGoesBrown has the inside scoop on Paul Kelly's firing by the NHLPA.

Honey Garlic thinks I hate his partisanship. I do not. What I definitely like though is his advice for everyone involved in this theoretical upcoming election. Except for the jab at the NDP. Shameless partisanship.

Andrew Coyne is sharp as always in his round-up of the showdown inside the Queensway.

Tonight the Jays send Ricky Romero (11-6, 3.95 ERA) to the hill against Chad Gaudin (5-10, 4.90). Romero has an ERA of 5.03 since the beginning of August, while Gaudin has an ERA of 5.02 as a starter this year. Are you ready for a pitcher's duel?

No comments: